[kl-bogel] Jakarta Bandung Part 4


Well, I am sorry.... I am still not done with my Jakarta Bandung Trip entries. Kira ni Postcards From Indonesia lah ye.... Actually, I have a lot of photos to share but I am a bit slow when it comes to editing my photos and also my post. Suka edit sana edit sini.. and it seems that most of my posts remain as drafts, forever.


This time around, I want to share with all of you photos I took at Garut, a popular tourist destination near Bandung. Garut is about 2 hours drive from Bandung city and is located in a mountainous area. Thus, the weather in Garut is a bit cooler than in other parts of Indonesia. In the 1930s, Garut was a favored hill station of the Dutch. I actually found out about Garut after watching Anthony Bourdain's trip to Garut on You Tube . Tau kan Anthony Bourdain the popular chef and host of Travel and Living chanel tu... ..

Memang cantik daerah Garut ni...The entire region is picturesque! Suasana country betul which I love so much.


The paddy fields


The village

Garut is actually surrounded by 5 volcanoes and one of the volcanoes, Mount Papandayan, is still very active and is also considered very dangerous. Bayangkanlah kat situ ada 5 gunung berapi....The volcanic soil around Garut is definitely very ideal for farming. Thus, the city and surrounding areas are known for their rice fields/ terraces and tea plantations. Apples, avocados, tobacco and oranges are also grown here.

At Garut, we stopped at Cipanas near Mount Guntur which last erupted in 1847 . Dah lama tu tak meletup!

At a hot spring water park near Mount Guntur. The water is warm and it comes from the natural hot spring in the area.


While we were in Garut, we stopped at Sabda Alam Hotel and Resort in Cipanas and there is a Hot Spring Theme Park at the hotel. Water park ni betul2 belakang hotel. There are actually many Hot Springs Resorts and Hotels in this area. Semua resort kat sini cantik2 and ada hot spring...




I did the fish theraphy for about 10 minutes and I noticed that, lagi gemuk kaki kita, lagi byk ikan datang...hehe . Kaki I antara kaki2 favourite ikan2 kat situ



Anak2 tak ke mana, asyik duduk bawah spilled bucket


After spending a few hours at the park, it was time to leave... My children said they had the best time..puas hati mandi kat situ because the water is warm and they could stay longer in the water. The natural hot spring water also has many health benefits.


Garut is also famous for leather crafts. The leather crafts here are of very good qualities and are definitely very very cheap. There are lots and lots of shops selling leather products such as jackets, shoes, sandal, wallets and etc.. Memang lumayan kat sini...


There are alot of shops selling leather products



Dodol - a popular treat and souveniours from Garut


Keropok kulit lembu (cow skin crackers)which is a favourite all over Indonesia.


I still have more photos in Garut and in my next post, I'll take you to Kampung Sampiruen, a beautiful resort where Anthony Bourdain stayed at while he was in Garut.



Well dear friends, till then..Have a beautiful Sunday!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to kl-bogel@googlegroups.com
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada abangmod@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[kl-bogel] Huzaida..

[kl-bogel] Sasha Isteri Teman

[kl-bogel] Cikgu Zana