[kl-bogel] How to make Swiss Army knives
Swiss Army knife - a multi-function folding knife, which is equipped with a blade and a few additional tools such as screwdrivers, bottle opener, corkscrew, and so on. In the off position the tools are inside the folded knife and relieved by rotation around the inner joint.
What feelings will you feel if you suddenly find yourself in a large room filled with dozens and dozens of containers of various sizes, which contain specific details, which are part of the Swiss army knives?
As part of Road Trip 2011, CNET reporter Daniel Terdiman agency received a unique opportunity to visit the plant, which is located in a small town in central Switzerland, where the company «Victorinox» produces the world famous knives since 1891 - even before she became known as this title.
1. Today the company produces more than million knives a year, about 350 different models.
The photo - a container with tweezers, which is a mandatory part of almost every one of these models.
2. Before you - one of the original Swiss Army knife models made back in 1891. That's when the company owner Karl decided to equip the army Elzener knives Swiss manufacture. Although he was not then a well-known logo now, and the company Elzenera not yet had the title «Victorinox» (which she received a few years later, in honor of his mother Elzenera Victoria, and because the French word «inox», meaning "stainless steel ") - this knife is not the slightest work to find a direct predecessor of which almost all of us have today. The Swiss government still buys knives for all of its soldiers was in the company. In 1891 appeared a total of eight different models for the Swiss military, the latter of which was published in 2008.
3. At the base of the main blade of the original Swiss Army knife can see the company logo Karl Elzenera - before she became known as «Victorinox», she had the name of its owner.
4. Elzener dreamed of making a special official Swiss Army knife for the officers, and even began to manufacture new goods. But the Swiss government decided that the officers would still use an ordinary soldier army knife, which they got when only joined the army, and decided not to conclude with Elzenerom another contract. Nevertheless, the company produced knives officer for many years. That's how the model looked like in 1931.
5. In the factory, the company «Victorinox» Ibah in box ready army knife waiting for packing and shipping.
6. Workers not to cut yourself, getting out of the container has just descended from the conveyor blade, it uses a special grip.
7. This unit sends the strip of aluminum die-stamping machines for the production of delimiters for various instruments, details of which are components of Swiss army knife. These separators are made of aluminum, so as not to add the finished knife overweight. Themselves components of the knife is usually made of stainless steel.
8. Stamping machines used in the manufacture of more than eight parts, which may come from the Swiss army knife of the company «Victorinox».
9. In this photo you can see the gradual evolution of the Swiss army knife, starting with the original model in 1891 in the lower right corner. In the upper right corner is the newest model, released in 2008. The previous model, made in 1968, is located in the upper left corner. Officers knife 1931 release is in the lower left corner. And the center is one of the latest models with red handle.
10. In stock there are dozens of containers of parts for the Swiss army knives. In this case, for example, key chains.
11. Operating a factory to produce Swiss army knives «Victorinox» stacks sheets of stainless steel in a stamping machine that produces blades.
12. In this picture the worker puts the blank blades for small Swiss army knife standard on the conveyor so that he sent them into the furnace in which they are exposed to temperatures of 1,050 degrees Celsius to harden stainless steel, which makes the blade suitable for use in Over the decades, not allowing them to deteriorate almost immediately.
13. Once they get out of stamping machines, special machine shakes the container with bladed knives for the Swiss to fall off the extra pieces of metal that could accidentally stick to the surface of the blades.
14. . The surface of the blade coming out of the punching machine is coarse and rough. Therefore, they are placed in these special machines, which by means of artificial ceramic chips and water polished edge for a long time, five to eight hours. The surface is perfectly smooth blade.
15. Container with a corkscrew, which are part of the Swiss army knife.
16. Container with toothpicks, which are part of the Swiss army knife.
17. Halves of the scissors, outside the traditional Swiss Army knife.
18. And here is the finished pair of scissors. Soon they will be sent to the assembly shop, where they become part of the Swiss army knives.
19. Box blade for traditional small Swiss army knives.
20. And it's - shelves with ready-made handles for Swiss army knives. They can be in several colors, including traditional blue and red.
21. Rack with red handles of Swiss Army knives.
22. The box with the little Swiss Army knives ready. They are missing at the moment only - the handle.
23. Conveyor with the handles of Swiss Army knives. Workers put the handle and blade with a set of tools in a special molding machine. They handle the pressure attached to the main body and end up with a knife almost ready - well, except for the tweezers, toothpick and stick.
24. In this picture, working factory «Victorinox» in your workplace collects a Swiss Army knife - it takes parts from different boxes, and quickly connects them to each other.
26. Working for attaching the handles of Swiss Army knives to.
27. In this photo we see a container with tweezers and toothpicks facing jobs. The task of working - quickly attach tweezers and toothpicks to coming to them on a conveyor belt knives.
28. Working sticks a toothpick to the Swiss Army knife.
29. Press Secretary factory «Victorinox» Urs Wyss shows blank blade Swiss army knife.
30. Pliers that are part of the Swiss army knife.
31. Box with aluminum retainers. They fix the main blade Swiss army knife when he was in the open state.
32. The container with the main blades of the traditional Swiss Army knife.
33. A box with blades nezatochennymi Swiss army knife.
34. In addition to direct production of Swiss Army knives, the company «Victorinox» for a small fee offers another truly invaluable service - repair or replacement of any knife, manufactured by the company's history. In the photograph: this knife, made in 1931, refused to spring responsible for the action of the main blade.
35. Because of the popularity of which has always enjoyed a Swiss Army knife company «Victorinox», the markets received an incredible amount of cheap counterfeit and substandard manufactured mainly in China.
36. Handle for small Swiss army knives.
37. In this photo work examines every detail of the Swiss army knife. It uses a special cloth to avoid injuries to your hands, and a tool to help test each knife and all its constituent instruments.
38. One of the details of a Swiss army knife.
Source photo: cbsnews.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada firstname.lastname@example.org