[kl-bogel] Stunning views of Mars
Outstanding digital photo processing methods Dutchman Kees Venebosa been demonstrated in National Geographic and NASA site. Processing of the images he made with the help of landscape modeling Terragen. He has worked with various versions of this program since 1999. Most of the photographs were obtained by digital simulation of heights on images from various NASA satellites, such as Mars Global Surveyor. He made a lot of pictures for National Geographic, not only Mars but also the good old Earth and other planets in the solar system and extrasolar planets of other systems. We have gathered a collection of his most beautiful and fantastic images of Mars.
1. Southern end of Crater Holden. Rockies shut the sun that breaks through the cloud, forming a star shape.
2. Gusev Crater in ancient times. The place where the rover landed robokar-Spirit MER2003. Recently there was a sandstorm.
3. Valley of the Mariner. Valley of the Mariner after the dust storm, view of the valley of the canyon Koprat (foreground).
4. Noachianskaya era on Mars. It looked like Mars about 4 billion years ago. North Rift is filled with water, a large lake at the bottom - this meridian. The rover Opportunity has found the presence of this inland sea. Picture holds for the July release of National Geo. 2005.
5. Plain Argir. Conceptual image for National Geographic: Mars at a time when he lost his water a few billion years ago. Salt deposits, cracks in the mud, the formation of hematite, dust storms, and falling meteors.
6. Maraldi crater on Mars is icy. Made for the cover of the January issue of National Geographic magazine in 2004.
7. The southern part of the plain Hrisa. The ancient view of the southern area of the valley Hrisa surrounded by valleys of Ares and Mariner.
8. Martian North Pole and North Pole razlom.Severny (left) and North Rift. Large crater at the top - this is the crater Korolev, whose diameter is 85 km.
9. The cave, located on the northern slope of a Martian crater Gale. Type of caves on the northern slope of the crater Gale. Cone crater Gale - on the left.
10. Dawn at Mount Eliza. Image made for an exhibition at Madrid's Planetarium, which was dedicated to Mars. Left - Volcano Dome Hecate, right - Dome Albor.
11. Landing robokara-rover Spirit. A fragment of Gusev Crater (in the background - Mount Husband Hill). Ancient Mars, fumaroles, sediment from hot water.
12. It looked like Mars, the Ice Age.
13. Dawn on Mount Olympus. Sunrise in the morning mist on the Tharsis plateau. Volcano Olympus seen from the Lycus Sulci.
14. Valley of the Mariner. Foggy morning on the slopes of one of the eroded hills of the valley Mariner.
15. Crater Skyaparelli. Light low standing in the sun does not reach the western edge. Crater diameter Skyaparelli is 450 kilometers (280 miles).
16. Orcus Patera crater at sunset. Orcus Patera Crater unusual oval shape was formed because of the meteorite, which is slightly touched Mars.
17. Southern edge of the crater Gale. A strange cloud over the ravine that leads to the crater Gale. Cone Crater can be seen just below the sun. View of the north-east.
18. Geyla.Zakat crater over an area Cimmeria. View of the crater with Gale Aeolian plateau.
19. Landing robokara-rover Spirit. So look at Gusev noachianskuyu era. Another kontse6ptualnaya work where there is more water and fumaroles.
20. Rift Melas at dawn. Rover's landing site number 2. Rift Melas.
21. Mars segodnya.Eto image is printed with the image noachianskoy age (below) in the July issue of National Geographic Magazine for 2005.
22. Mars, if it were Earth - Valley Kase. Kase valley and the valley Hrisa. Below - the passage to the valley Mariner. Against the backdrop of nebulae and stars.
23. The landing place Phoenix. Right - the edge of the crater Heimdall.
24. North Pole and the North Rift. On the left is one of the large craters, the crater of the Queen (about 85 km in diameter).
25. Rift Ius Chasma (Mariner Valley). Ius Chasma (western part of the Mariner Valley) with a dust and mist.
26. Tharsis mountains. Arsiya mountains, peacocks and Askriyskaya. View from southwest to northeast. Left - Biblis crater (left) and crater Ulysses.
27. Mount Olympus in ancient times. So could look like Mount Olympus about 4 billion years ago. Contains water and a denser atmosphere. Picture made for an exhibition at Madrid's Planetarium.
28. Mount Arsiya. Mount Arsiya reaches a height of 20 km and its diameter is 450 km diameter caldera over 120 km.
29. Tharsis dome. Tharsis dome during a sandstorm photographed upside down. Tharsis volcanoes tower over the area of a sandstorm.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada email@example.com