We used to think that the development of agriculture led to the emergence of cities, and then writing, art and religion. Now, the oldest temple in the world offers you a new perspective on the relationship of religion and civilization.
1. Most likely, no one has ever lived in Gobekli-Tepe, a religious shrine, built during the ancient hunter-gatherers. Scientists have conducted excavations less than a tenth of its parts - but this is enough to convey awe which he inspired for 7000 years before the construction of Stonehenge.
2. Snarling predator rocks from five-ton blocks of limestone, which artisans have moved into Gobekli Tepe from a nearby quarry without the aid of draft animals or wagons.
3. In southeastern Turkey, some residents still harvest wheat with a sickle in his hand. Was the first cultivated einkorn wheat type in these parts - probably, in order to be able to feed the crowds who came to worship at the Gobekli Tepe.
4. On the bowl of limestone from Nevala Cori, a settlement founded over one thousand years after the construction Gobekli Tepe, two figures dance with the animal. Estimated conductors in the world of spirits, the animals were important symbols, because it is the time people started domesticating sheep, goats and other animals.
5. Referring, at the latest to 8000 AD, this life-size sculpture was discovered in southeastern Turkey, nine miles from Gobekli Tepe, the oldest temple in the world. When a culture of hunter-gatherers moved to a more complex social structure began to appear images of people or gods. The sculpture is now in the Museum of Sanliurfa, Turkey.
6. Monuments that may have been the first organized religion in the world, scattered throughout the parking lot of the Neolithic in southern Turkey, northern Syria and Iraq. The most common are images of dangerous animals wandering around the newly constructed human settlements, including wild boar. This sculpture of Gobekli Tepe. The sculpture is now in the Museum of Sanliurfa, Turkey.
7. Another common image in the first organized religion was a snake. This sculpture depicts a snake on the back of the head stone of a human head found in Nevala Cori. The sculpture is now in the Museum of Sanliurfa, Turkey.
8. In Gobekli Tepe near one of the columns are the ruins of the portal may be the symbolic entrance into the region of the supernatural, the entrance is decorated with carvings of animals .. Many of them were predators, including fox, which is shown in the column in the upper right corner.
9. Discovered in the summer of 2010, the portal leading to the temple, where more than 11,600 years old, surrounded by carved figures of animals, including snakes, wild ox, wild boar and some yet unidentified predator.
10. Found in Gobekli Tepe image of vultures. These birds symbolize death and mortality, so that there is an assumption that Gobekli Tepe could be a place where rituals were associated with deceased ancestors.
11. Bas-reliefs depicting vultures, scorpions and other animals that reside on a T-shaped columns were created by master craftsmen.
12. Archaeologists have found the colony in the hills near Gobekli-Tepe, which is visible in the distance.
13. This family of breeders dedicated to breeding cattle in the northern part of Fertayl Crescent for over a century. They graze cattle on the slopes of Karaca Dag, which is located just 60 miles from Gobekli Tepe. It is here, scientists believe, were first cultivated, most modern varieties of wheat. It is in these parts for the first time began to breed sheep and goats.
14. Colon depicting a fox. Archaeologists are planning to make a special shelter that would protect the fragile monuments of ancient architecture from the external environment. Under the open sky to continue excavations dangerous.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada email@example.com