[Mcm2Ada] Photos from the family album of Colonel Gaddafi
Most of us have family albums, photos, depicting important events of our lives. Family deposed the Libyan leader - is no exception. Photographer edition «The New York Times» Tyler Hicks was in residence Muammar Gaddafi in the capital's Bab al-quarter Aziziyah as soon as it seized rebel forces. On reaching the residence, strongly affected by the air strikes NATO, Hicks said Marauder, which comes out of the building things. Among the things Hicks said the unusual albums. Photographer wanted to know where they found the robber. He pointed to the basement of the building. At your own risk and Hicks got into the basement. At this time, the rooms could be heard shouting insurgents, destroying everything that came his arm.
The walls in the basement there were shelves on which were videotapes, albums, awards, folders, documents. Hicks began to look at the archives. Among the hundreds of photos that Gaddafi was captured with the leaders of many countries, met and photos from family archives.
After the overthrow of Iraqi dictator in Baghdad, looters have destroyed valuable records. They have not got the historians. Realising that the fate of the documents from the residence of Gaddafi will meet the same fate, Hicks tried to save anything. Back at the hotel and examining the pictures in his mind did not leave family photos Gaddafi. Who are these men around the colonel and captured in the photographs? Hicks began questioning local residents, but they could not call many people around the colonel in the photographs.
We present you a selection of photos that were saved Tyler Hicks.
(17 photos total)
1. Colonel Qaddafi, his second wife Safiey Farkas in the 70s.
Head of the family - Muammar Gaddafi - 69 years. In 1969, Gaddafi overthrew King Idris and proclaimed the creation of a "regime of the masses" - the Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya. Was in power 42 years, until August 22 the rebels did not announce the end of his regime. At the moment, presumably hiding in Libya.
2. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's son Seif al-Islam (left), his wife Safia Farkash (right) and two unidentified family members.
Gaddafi and Farkas were married in 1971. In the ruler of Libya, it was a second marriage, which were born seven children. Some media claimed that the Libyan Safia Farkash ran in May in Tunis, the Tunisian Ministry of the Interior though refuted this information. On Monday, the Algerian authorities reported that three children and Safia Qadhafi had crossed the border with Libya and Algeria in hiding.
3. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, Gaddafi's son Hannibal (until recently led the company to export crude oil), his wife Safia Farkash (center) and unidentified members of the family.
35-year-old Hannibal Gaddafi - the first Navy officer education. In 2007 he received an MBA from the Copenhagen Business School, after which he was appointed advisor to the General National Maritime Transport Company. Figurant several scandals. In 2008 he was arrested in Switzerland for an attack on two employees of the Geneva hotel, which has led to a diplomatic crisis in relations between the two countries.
4. Left to right: the second President of Tunisia Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, King of Morocco, Hassan II, President of Mauritania Maaouya Ould Sid Ahmed Taya, President of Algeria and Col. Chadli Bendzhedid Muammar Gaddafi. The photo was taken in the house of Colonel.
5. Son of Col. Seif al-Islam and his wife, Safia Farkash.
39 year old eldest son by his second wife was considered the successor to Qaddafi as leader of the country. He graduated from the University of Tripoli, an MBA in Vienna in 2008, received his doctorate at the London School of Economics (was stripped of it after the beginning of the uprising). Has a reputation for Playboy. In 1997 he founded the charity program which contributed to the convergence of Libya and the EU. Negotiated the normalization of relations with the United States and Britain. In 2008, said it would no longer intervene in state affairs, and called for further reform. Since the beginning of the uprising took the side of his father, defended the regime in numerous interviews, the Western media. August 22 the rebels said they took him prisoner, but in the night of August 23 he appeared in front of Western journalists in the hotel Rixos in Tripoli.
6. Photo taken at the house of Colonel: Colonel Gaddafi and his wife Safia Farkash, together with unidentified family members.
7. The second wife of Colonel Safia Farkash with an unidentified child.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Algeria, three of them close relatives of Muammar Qaddafi are currently in the country. Among the Libyan-Algerian referred border wife Safia Qadhafi, the sons of Muhammad and Aisha Hannibal and daughter. Qaddafi himself, who, on the assurances of his representative, Musa Ibrahim, is in Libya, the only hope for the remaining number of close relatives: the deposed leader Jamahiriya them a lot.
8. Seif al-Islam (left) and an unidentified girl.
9. Daughter of Colonel Aisha, the wife Safia Farkash and his son Seif al-Islah.
35-year-old Aisha - the only daughter of Gaddafi. A lawyer by training. Worked in a team of defenders of Saddam Hussein, has been a Goodwill Ambassador for the UN. Since the beginning of the uprising international organization deprived her of this title. In June, filed a lawsuit against NATO, accusing the alliance of war crimes.
10. CPSU General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev and Colonel Muammar Gaddafi.
11. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and Cuban leader Fidel Castro.
12. Photo of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, made his home in Tripoli.
13. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and unidentified family members.
14. Muammar Gaddafi with former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
15. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi (left) and Gamal Abdel Nasser - the second president of Egypt (1956-1970).
16. Colonel Muammar Gaddafi with an unidentified child, possibly his son.
17. Son of Col. Seif al-Islam. The photo was taken near the house of Muammar Gaddafi in Tripoli
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada email@example.com