[kl-bogel] Breathtaking view of the Salt Sea (42 photos)
1. Have you ever had any desire to go on a visit to another planet?
If you're ready for this step, then as an alternative to the space flight, visit Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia. This is one of the few places on Earth where you feel you're somewhere in the universe.
3. This place is huge. Its area is over twelve thousand square kilometers, making it the largest salt surface in the world. Make sure you have some idea about it, for example, is a place in the twenty-five times more than the famous Bonneville salt surface in the United States.
4. This is also the highest salt surface in the world, that rise to 3,700 meters above sea level. Embankments on these photos are not natural phenomena, are all made by man.
5. Local residents clean the surface of the salt, which is then folded in small mounds.
6. Salar de Uyuni - is all that remains of a prehistoric lake. Around this point one can see the solid mountain, which means that no drainage system and, therefore, the salt remains on the bottom of the lake. Once the salt is collected, made these mounds. This allows water to evaporate faster, and to transport salt from the salt plains, it becomes easier.
8. From a distance the salt plains look like a great white sea. Tiles on the surface are stretched to infinity, and beyond. It's just an amazing sight - and it is no exaggeration. The plain is like a scene from a sci-fi movie - half of us expect to see at any moment Captain Kirk, chased by several Klingons. Rains even at this altitude, and when that happens, then there is something amazing. Hydrochloric surface becomes a mirror and it reflects the sky.
10. The origin goes back to Uyuni forty thousand years ago. In those days it was part of a huge prehistoric lake Minchin. Over time the lake dried up. Until now, there are two lakes - Uru Uru and Poopo. Remained two salt plains, lower - Salar de Uyuni and Koipaza. Twelve thousand square miles is quite a lot by any standard.
12. From a distance it looks like a plain huge white ocean. It is believed that the salt surface contains up to ten billion tons of salt. Each year, takes about twenty-five tons of salt - the salt belongs to the miners, who share the profits from its sale. Although the mounds are the traditional way, a more modern technique for removal of salt from the Uyuni. You did not expect that it will be llamas, is not it?
20. Of course, mountains of salt stress even more strange, eerie look of Uyuni. Even though that is located in the departments of Oruro and Potosi in the south-west, this place is very isolated, Bolivians Encourage the development of tourism in the region. Since the plain is at the crest of the Andes, it is included in the tourist route and a more ambitious travelers can easily get here.
24. The main minerals found in salt is salt and gypsum. In some cases, the salt used in winter as a reagent. She sprinkled on roads and footpaths to avoid slippery. Gypsum is used for walls and ceilings, it is part of the drywall. There are also significant deposits of lithium in the Salar, which is used in the manufacture of batteries and certain pharmaceuticals. However, at the moment, Bolivia does not export any of the above minerals.
26. You may not have heard of Uyuni to the present day, but our astronauts have this idea. The lake is used as a target for calibration and testing of systems for remote sensing satellites in orbit. What does it do? It is very, very big and has an incredibly smooth surface with high reflectivity, and when the lake is covered by water, is ideal for this task.
27. In the wild, this is not the best place to visit during the holidays. However, the edges of salt plains (and sometimes even on it) you can find the ubiquitous Lama.
29. To the south of Uyuni are the Andes and the other two lakes. Three different types of flamingos visit the lakes from their flight, many simply breathtaking.
30. Flamingo is one of the few large animals that flourished in these conditions, their flocks can be seen by visiting those places.
33. But where to stay? It would be remiss not to take advantage of the hospitality of the local hotel, which is made entirely of salt. Just as the furniture inside.
38. If you prefer, you can even arrange a picnic. Of course, a picnic table is also made of salt.
42. Undoubtedly, the main reason why people come here is a breathtaking view of salt plain. Although the pictures of these places are amazing, imagine how it would be nice to see it for themselves.
Source: bigpicture.ru --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada firstname.lastname@example.org