LJ user asketic-travel wrote in his blog: One of the places I visited in his February visit to Azerbaijan, was the city of Sheki. At the same attention should be paid Sheki Palace of Sheki Khans, photos from which I bring to your attention.
The palace was built in the second half of XVIII century (many sources referred to various dates ranging from 1762 to 1797) in Sheki fortress. The most common version, that the palace was built in 1797 to Muhammad Hasan Khan, the architect of Shiraz named Haji Zeynalabdin. In 1952-1967 years the palace was restored by Soviet masters, and in 2001, upon the request of Azerbaijan on the list of candidates to the list of UNESCO world cultural heritage.
3. The walls of the palace are decorated with patterns and ornaments, stalactites and mirrored niches carved frames of the windows create a bright and unusual composition. But the interesting thing is waiting for the visitor inside, the richly decorated halls. Unfortunately, the Sheki Palace is no match for its Syrian and Turkish counterparts, richly furnished with antique utensils - are absolutely empty rooms. But here's paintings are so beautiful and interesting that I want to examine every little piece. I, however, you will deliver on such a test and limited to a few prominent examples.
4. Perhaps most interesting is the central hall on the second floor. Prior to that room, I still kept on shooting - because of cloudy weather in the halls of the dark, but because of stained glass shade that colored with a rainbow and without a tripod it is difficult to get an acceptable result. But there was no way it was held. That there is only a series of battle scenes, placed on the belt that runs along the perimeter of the room! In this picture you can see it right above the doorway - and a side of him.
5. Here Shah betrayed their favorite occupation - inspects the head of vanquished enemies.
Unfortunately, the schedules are a complicated topography, and glare from the flash on the painted surface was not always possible to avoid.
6. Meanwhile, the victorious army continues to advance.
7. Under the rhythmic beating of drums and wailing pipes rattle guns, supporting the advancing infantry.
8. Under the scenes depicting the vanquished enemies, cut off kernels heads and other amenities of a fierce battle, the artist placed a lush floral arrangements.
9. Upstairs is continued bloody fight, and scrupulous artist conveys all the important details. Perhaps, in these pictures you can study the history of military uniforms, weapons and other equipment of the era - a wealth of material.
10. The palm of the flag - something very familiar and, I think, from the history of the Arab caliphate. Can, of course, is the Abkhaz - the palm of the flag is often referred to as an ancient symbol of Abkhazia, but they still white palm. Nobody knows?
11. And this is something the Mongolian, or rather, the Manchu. They apparently also waiting curved sabers shekintsev fearless.
12. On this site are captured. Prisoners marching in slavery with complacent faces - it's not surprising, considering the fate of their comrades, who are depicted to the right (see next picture).
13. Mates head behind the ear is folded in a heap, so do not get in the way. And so on. Let us leave this bloodbath, delight views courtiers, and will pay attention to colors, woven in rich patterns and vivid designs.
17. A fragment of the ceiling, decorated with floral motifs and hunting scenes.
20. Ripe pomegranate - a symbol of fertility, abundance, marriage. By the way, is considered one of the symbols of Armenia.
23. And these patterns there are covered all the walls and ceilings, scan can be very long. But go out into the street.
25. Near the palace there are two tall plane trees. If suddenly someone has bad Azerbaijan, translate the text plate: "Khan sycamore. Planted in the 1530s. Coverage of 11, 5 m height of 34 meters. " I have seen many such trees in different countries, but still impressive!
Imagine, 1530's. Elena Glinskaya, buried Vasily III, is a fierce war with the Polish-Lithuanian union, and her son Ivan, the future Ivan the Terrible, is still a baby. The Spaniards defeated the Incas, initiating the destruction of the indigenous peoples of South America and the plundering of their accumulated treasures. Ottoman Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent is at war with Austria, Persia, and the Venetian Republic and all the world and knows no defeat. Killed near Zurich Zwingli and Calvin in Geneva, announces a new doctrine. And this tree was already standing here on this very spot.
28. And the second plane tree. It is even slightly higher. By the way, it is noteworthy that the two plane trees in half over the palace.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada firstname.lastname@example.org