[kl-bogel] The Papuans of New Guinea (38 photos)
Papua New Guinea - is one of the most amazing countries in the world, characterized by tremendous cultural diversity. Exist here about eight and fifty different languages and at least as many different ethnic groups, although the population is almost seven million!
The name "Papua" derives from the Malay word "papuva", which translated into Russian means "curly", which is one of the characteristics of residents in the area of hair.
Papua New Guinea is one of the most diverse nations in the world. There are hundreds of indigenous ethnic groups, the largest of which is known as Papuans, whose ancestors arrived in New Guinea, tens of thousands of years ago. Many residents of the Papuan tribes still support only minor contacts with the outside world.
1. Independence Day in Papua New Guinea. The head of the Papuan decorated with feathers, pigeons, birds of paradise, parrots and other exotic birds. Numerous ornaments made of shells around his neck, are symbols of prosperity and success. In the past, shells were used in these parts as an analogue of money. Particularly valuable is a wedding gift of this kind, which presents his betrothed spouse.
2. Kakonaru, the Southern Highlands. - Dance of the spirits of the tribe of Hooghly.
3. Goroka festival in celebration of independence. On this day, decided to make oneself dirty from head to toe in mud and dance a special dance designed to attract good spirits. Papuans believe in ghosts, but also very honored the memory of their dead ancestors.
4. Papua New Guinea on world map.
5. Feast of Goroka - this is probably the most famous cultural event of the tribes. It is held annually on the eve of Independence Day (September 16) in the town of Goroka.
6. Tari settlement located in the heart of the Southern Highlands province, Hooghly. This is the second largest settlement in the province, you can reach it by road from Mendi. Here is the traditional dress of the resident populations.
7. Okoo hundreds of tribes coming to the festival of Goroka to showcase their culture, traditional music and dance. For the first time this festival was held in the 1950s at the initiative of the missionaries. In recent years, frequent travelers to the festival because it is one of the few opportunities to see real live culture of local tribes.
8. Green Spider - one of the traditional participants of the festival Goroka.
9. The drummer at the festival Goroka.
10. A man with painted face with yellow paint on the holiday slides.
11. Pay attention to the necklace of shells.
12. One of the traditional coloring - black with red peas.
13. Especially appreciated the combination of red, orange and yellow. And, of course, mandatory necklace made of shells - the heavier the better.
14. Another version of the holiday coloring pages - black and white, with red rings around the eyes.
15. It is often used to decorate the bird's beak-rhinos. This family of birds raksheobraznyh squad. Includes 57 species in Africa and Southeast Asia, the islands of the Pacific and Indian Oceans. They have a very bright plumage, which is often used for making hats.
16. Another version of the holiday coloring.
17. These people - representative of the barber shop. However, they have nothing in common with ordinary barbers. With the help of special rituals, they make your hair grow faster, so you can create the traditional hairstyle.
18. Tribe de Biami lives in forests of the Western Province.
19. Extravaganza of color - red, pink, white with blue speckled ...
20. Jewelry, symbolizing fertility.
21. Jewelry symbolize power, prosperity and fertility.
22. Tribe living on Mount Hagen, during the ritual songs.
23. The same, front view.
24. Headgear, made from bird of paradise feathers.
25. Headdress, fur and feathers the bird of paradise.
26. Fur skirt and a necklace of bones.
27. Another feather headdress of bird of paradise.
28. One version of the holiday coloring.
29. Traditional musical instruments.
31. Option festive coloring.
32. Papuans have valued large fat women.
33. Ritual dance.
34. Skirts of grass.
35. Headdress with white feathers indicate status.
36. Decorative shield.
37. Another exotic decoration, fur and feathers.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada email@example.com