Average life expectancy in Afghanistan is only 45 years old. In this country the world's second-largest rate of infant mortality. Only 12% of Afghan women are literate. Afghanistan is the world's largest producer of opium. Country for ten years has been occupied by foreign military, before that there were many years of Taliban rule and then during the Civil War, then years of Soviet military occupation. Widespread corruption clouding hopes for the near future. Death to Osama bin Laden obscures the prospect of further American presence in that country. We offer you the next set of photos from Afghanistan for a month. You will see the U.S. military, victims among the civilian population, and pictures of everyday life in a country whose population is just under 30 million.
1. Afghan and children gathered around a campfire on a hillside in Kabul on April 7.
2. Afghan girl juggles tennis balls during the World Day of the Circus, organized by the Children's Educational circus mobile circus in Afghanistan and in Kabul on April 16.
3. Afghan girl demonstrates martial arts with a sword in martial arts club in the Injil, Herat province, west of Kabul, April 6.
4. Anousheh (left) and Paris are looking at a semi-precious stones, faceted in their studio «Bagh e Zananeh" »(« Women's Garden) in Kabul on April 26. Twelve students are engaged in the jewelry workshop, and about 700 women attend other activities organized by the "Garden of Women" on a daily basis.
5. Afghan student from the Military Institute during the lesson, which was conducted by U.S. instructors at a military hospital Davoud Khan on April 23 in Kabul. American doctors have come to Afghanistan to train 600 employees of medical students.
6. Abid, 25, injured by mine explosion, which works in an orthopedic rehabilitation center of the International Committee of the Red Cross, poses for photographs at his workplace in Kabul on March 19. Centre, which is headed mostly disabled, aims at training and rehabilitation of victims of landmines and other disabilities, and helping them to integrate effectively into society.
7. Afghan refugee girls waiting for the truck before departure from Afghanistan at a camp for immigrants in Peshawar, Pakistan, April 19. Total 1,757 Afghan refugees were repatriated in March during the voluntary repatriation program.
8. A young Afghan girl near his home in the town of Musa Qala in Helmand province on April 9.
9. Afghan children at a playground in Kabul on April 17.
10. Afghan soldiers and local children swimming in the canal near the military center Nolen in the Valley of Arghandab, north of Kandahar, April 13.
11. The boy watches as U.S. Army patrol passes by strengthening Manly in the valley of Arghandab, north of Kandahar, April 12.
12. Master tea in Afghanistan yawning, waiting for visitors in Kabul on April 17.
13. Afghan soldiers preparing to distribute kebabs U.S. soldier during a group dinner at Fort Nolen in the Valley of Arghandab, north of Kandahar on April 16.
14. An Afghan man prepares a traditional bread in the town of Musa Qala in Helmand province in Afghanistan on April 9.
15. A man and a woman pass by the ruins of the Royal Palace Darul Aman in Kabul on April 12.
16. The game of buzkashi, the national sport in Afghanistan, in the name of the first vice president, Marshal Muhammad Qasim Fahim, Kabul, April 15.
17. Captain Elizabeth Jackson of the 3rd Battalion of the second group of U.S. Marine Military watches as an Afghan boy rides on a swing near the town of Musa Qala in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan on April 12.
18. U.S. Marines Balkunas Andrew (right) and William Clot (center), together with the Afghan National Police, talking to villagers during a joint patrol in a village in the district Kanashin Habibullah Helmand province April 24.
19. Village headman Haji Amir Mohammad Agha gives a rose to U.S. soldier Charlie Johnson during a visit by Afghan and U.S. troops in the Arghandab Valley Dzhelava in the north of Kandahar on April 18.
20. The soldier, U.S. Marine Corps TJ Ryle goes through a field of opium poppies in the village Marandzhan in Helmand province April 25, during a joint patrol with his unit and Afghan National Police. The war in Afghanistan has almost a decade, and the opium poppy is still a major crop for many farmers and a significant source of revenue for the Taliban.
21. U.S. soldier goes on the water after the flood, which occurred in Fort Terra Nova after heavy rains in the valley of Arghandab in the north of Kandahar on April 16.
22. Pilot U.S. Army 1-214aviatsionnogo Regiment, 101 Brigade combat aircraft running for shelter from a sandstorm at Camp Dwyer in the Helmand province April 12.
23. The soldier, U.S. Marine Corps during refueling helicopter medical evacuation camp Dwyer in the Helmand province on April 5.
24. Saeed Sarwar (left) buys weapons Pakistani production costs about $ 110, to protect his family and home from the attack of drug addicts in suburban Gala Nau in Kabul on April 12.
25. April 25. An Afghan policeman looks through the hole tunnel that leads into the main prison in Kandahar. The Taliban dug a tunnel more than 1050 feet long, and helped to run more than 450 prisoners, most of whom were Taliban.
26. Afghan policeman takes fire from a burning tank with fuel for NATO troops m on the road Jalalabad-Kabul, east of Kabul, April 27. Explosion of a bomb placed under the tank, luckily been without casualties.
27. U.S. Army Sergeant Jesse Rosenfeld, a paramedic 52-th Aviation Regiment from Fairbanks, Alaska on April 25 trying to save the lives of Afghans who took off both his legs an improvised explosive device on board the helicopter in the valley of the Arghandab River in the province of Kandahar.
28. Relative calms injured child lying next to a wounded woman in hospital in Ghazni, west of Kabul, April 21. Two Afghan men were killed and four people - three women and a child - were injured when their truck hit a mine in the Dih Yak Ghazni province.
29. Staff Sergeant Jeffrey Presley and Afghan medical personnel endure twelve-year old boy from the hospital on April 23 in Qalat. The boy with the man and another boy was taken to hospital after an explosion in the area of Mizan.
30. A wounded Afghan man lying on a hospital bed after a protest in Charikar, north of Kabul, April 18. Three people were killed and at least 25 wounded during protests over the detention of a clergyman of foreign troops in the northern province of Parwan.
31. U.S. Army medic Richard Jarett (right) and crew chief SPC Torrel Bryant of Aviation Regiment 1-214 one hundred and first combat aviation brigade is treating the Afghan police with a gunshot wound in his leg on board the helicopter in Helmand province on April 5.
32. Sergeant 1 st Class Chester Mingldorf hugs her granddaughter, Ashlyn Kincaid and Sophia Rawlings (left) at Fort Gordon on April 22 in Augusta, Georgia.
33. Nikolus Poulain, 5 years old, sitting on the lap of his aunt Jennifer Poulin, holding an American flag presented to him at the funeral of his father, a soldier of the National Guard Dennis Poulain, in the cemetery of St. Ann in Cranston, on April 14. Poulin died March 31 from wounds he received when his armored vehicle involved in an accident in Afghanistan.
34. Priscilla Jones (right) and Jennifer Andersson, of the 159 th Brigade combat aircraft at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, show their new badges after the ceremony in honor of his first combat experience, at Kandahar Airfield on April 1.
35. U.S. soldiers of the 234 Infantry Division at Fort Riley, Kansas, go to Afghanistan on April 15.
36. Team Marine carries the remains of Staff Sergeant Jason A. Rogers of Jackson, Mississippi, on arrival at a military base in Dover on April 9.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kl-bogel" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe at http://groups.google.com.my/group/kl-bogel/subscribe
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kl-bogel?hl=en
Sebarang email pertanyaan, hantar kepada email@example.com